An important aspect of the work we do is to offer SEN support to mainstream colleagues. The Outreach Service is intended to support pupils in mainstream schools using the experience of staff in special schools. The aim is to keep more children in mainstream schools receiving the education they need to overcome their difficulties. The outreach service encourages schools to develop an inclusive approach to learning.
Meet our Outreach Team:
Outreach is delivered by serving teachers who understand about planning and teaching children with additional needs. This service offers the opportunity to develop a long-term supportive relationship between the two settings.
The three main types of support we offer are:
Pupil focus support
- Creation of resources to support learning
- Strategies to assist with inclusion
- Advice on differentiation and curriculum development
- Assist in appropriate target setting
- Demonstration of equipment and resources
- Facilitate discussions with parents and other professionals
- Share ideas
- Support in developing effective behaviour management strategies
- Support in transition procedures
School focus support
- Whole school training delivered at your setting
- Previous topics have included zones of regulation, using visual supports and positive behaviour support.
- Visits to Woodfield to observe practice
- Attendance at training events at Woodfield School
Part of Woodfield School’s Outreach provision is directed at supporting The Local Offer across DSPL area 8. This means we support local authority schools in: Hemel Hempstead, Berkhamsted and Tring.
This service is suitable for children working below age related expectations or who have a range of difficulties in accessing the curriculum. It is a free to access service for local authority-maintained schools.
Referral is easy, just follow the link below to download our referral form. Once complete, please password protect and email to firstname.lastname@example.org We aim to be in telephone contact within a week of a new referral.